Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
(CHC30113) Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care is an entry qualification for someone who wants to work in the Early Childhood industry.
This qualification reflects the role of workers in a range of early childhood education settings who work within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard. They support the implementation of an approved learning framework, and support children’s wellbeing, learning and development. Depending on the setting, educators may work under direct supervision or autonomously.
Under the Education and Care Services National Law (2011) the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) publishes lists of approved early childhood education and care qualifications and information regarding regulatory requirements here: www.acecqa.gov.au
Course Code: CRICOS Code: CHC30113 090063F
Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
Classroom: Duration: (Face to face) 58 weeks
Contact us for latest updates
+61 3 90880255
In order to attain the CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, students are required to satisfactorily complete 18 units of competency, consisting of 15 core units and 3 elective units of competency.
|HLTWHS001||Participate in workplace health and safety||Core|
|CHCECE0101||Support the holistic development of children in early childhood||Core|
|CHCECE011||Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning||Core|
|CHCECE013||Use information about children to inform practice||Core|
|CHCECE002||Ensure the health and safety of children||Core|
|CHCECE004||Promote and provide healthy food and drinks||Core|
|CHCPRT001||Identify and respond to children and young people at risk||Core|
|HLTAID004||Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting||Core|
|CHCDIV002||Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety||Core|
|CHCECE001||Develop cultural competence||Core|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically||Core|
|CHCECE009||Use an approved learning framework to guide practice||Core|
|CHCECE003||Provide care for children||Core|
|CHCECE005||Provide care for babies and toddlers||Core|
|CHCECE007||Develop positive and respectful relationships with children||Core|
|CHCECE014||Comply with family day care administration requirements||Elective|
|CHCECE012||Support children to connect with their world||Elective|
|BSBWOR301||Organise personal work priorities and development||Elective|
To be eligible to enrol in CHC30113 – Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, participants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Entry into the course at ETI requires IELTS band score of 5.5 or equivalent in line with Department of Home Affairs regulations.
- Satisfactory completion of studies in applicant’s home country equivalent to an Australian Year 12 qualification is required for entry into this course.
- All students must be of the age 18 years or over at the time of the scheduled course commencement.
- Learners must meet English language requirements of the qualification.
- No gap in the study. If there is a gap in the study, it needs to be justified by providing the evidences (such as pay slips, job offer in case the student started working after he/she left study).
- All learners will be required to demonstrate their LLN (Language, Literacy, Numeracy) level on enrolling into this course.
Students who complete Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care may like to undertake:
- CHC50113 – Diploma of Early Childhood Education and care
Upon completion of Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care, student can undertake followings;
- CHC62015 – Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management*
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education*
*Not offered by ETI.
Students who complete this course can expect to work as an Educator, kinder teacher assistant in an early childhood education and care setting.
This program is classroom-based delivery combined with work placement requirements.
Students are required to attend classroom sessions for a 58-weeks period. Students enrolled in the CHC30113 – Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care are required to complete at least 120 hours of work placement in a regulated early childhood education and care setting.
Classroom training locations:
- 20 Otter St, Collingwood, VIC 3066
- 7 Clunies Ross Court Eight Mile Plains QLD 4113
Acknowledges nationally recognise qualification or unit of competencies that students might have successfully completed from other RTO. Your course credit application will be assessed by a qualified assessor.
If you wish to apply for Course Credit, please notify Elite Training Institute
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognises gained credits towards a qualification by having your skills and experiences from a formal or informal learning assessed if it meets the course unit requirements. Supporting documents will be required to support your RPL application.
If you wish to apply for RPL, please notify Elite Training Institute
- It is a requirement those who are working in the Early Childhood industry to secure and hold a current Working With Children Check)
- Please consider time that department may take to issue you the Working with childrencheck card